low oil pressure

i just finisht my 350 rebuild, old style block, with the two piece seal, overbored and a crank that checked out ok with new bearings ( main, rod, camshaft) and a high volume pump. here is the problem, at startup cold the oil pressure goes to 70 psi, after

15 seconds the pressure starts to drop much faster than i would like. ( oil is 15 w 40) when warmed up the oil pressure is not more then 4-5 psi, also if i rev the engine the pressure reacts kinda sluggish. i replaced the oil pump and oilpressure gauge ( mechanicle and electric) with no luck. does anybody have a cleu what could cause the problem. thanks in advance
Reply to
d.janssens

Did you bother to use Plastigage to check actual clearances with new bearings? It is rare in a older engine that the is not some wear on mains or crank pins. If I want thru expanse to get engine bored, I would have likely turned crank .010 to true it up.

Reply to
TheSnoMan

Reply to
<reis4