Magazine / Info Source

I've been looking for a good magazine or other info source that contains reviews and technical info for all the Chevy trucks including the 2500/3500 series. I'm particularly interested in making my truck more reliable & economical with less emphasis on performance upgrades. Does anyone know where I can find either a magazine or other info source that doesn't spend most of the space on performance upgrades?

Reply to
Dave

The service and maintenance section of your owners manual, following the severe duty intervals will get you reliability, along with using quality parts and lubes. The mags are dedicated to performance and looks, unless you can find a fleet owner mag. Simple things will save you money at the pumps. Tire air pressure and the weight of your foot are the two biggest. Tire size is another. If you jump the tire size and your rig has normal gears, gas mileage will suffer. On the other hand on my old '77 Jeep J-20 4X4 that had 5.36:1 gears,going from the stock 9.50 x 16.5 to 31x16.5 tires helped on the highway. Tread design plays a roll, highway tread designs get better mileage than off road or aggressive tread designs. A proper alignment and balanced tires will help. Clean air filters and clean fuel filters. I found a bed cover helps too. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning