Melted Fuse Link won't start Chevy S-10

I have a 95 S-10 with about 165K clicks on it. I love the truck and it's me down...until now. I went with the bros for a drink after a golf game. As I was leaving I turned the key and absolutely ntohing happened. No click, no crank, even the dash lights went out. I popped the Hood thinking the battery may have been messed up only to find a melted fuse link on the right side firewall leading to what looks like a power distrubution box. I had it towed to the local shop and he thinks the starter may have become stuck and caused the wire to get too hot. So, his prognosis, change the starter, and the fuse link...car will be fixed. Any feedback?? Whatya think?

Reply to
brheath13

Toss a tester on it and see what kind of current draw you have. If it's high use a short finder to track it down. Could it be the starter, Maybe, Could it also be a failed alternator, shorted wire, shorted fuel pump relay, ABS controller failure ? Yep they are all higher current items.

If it tests bad replace it.

Reply to
Steve W.