mirror repair

Could anyone clue me in on how to tighten the support post on the two door mounted rear view mirror on my 88 chevy 3/4 ton pickup. Both mirrors fold back when I reach highway speed. I have found the torque screw on the botton of the housing but can't seem to figure how to remove the housing to access the mirror post. Anyone have any suggestions.

Keith

Reply to
Hobbs Family

Remove the tiny screw on the bottom of the little black plastic piece on the outside of the door, piece should pop off after that, be gentle with it as it has clips holding it in. Then there are two bolts that you can try to tighten, didn't make any difference with mine, tried various things, even putting some emery cloth in the moving mechanism for friction. Ended up adjusting them where I wanted them then drilling a hole and putting a screw through the bracket into the arm

Hobbs Family wrote:

Reply to
89GMC