mirror replacement

96 Silverado

I clipped a mail box with my right side mirror. The only damage was the glass got cracked. How hard is this to fix? Do I need to replace the whole mirror housing?

Reply to
Mike Copeland

"Mike Copeland" wrote: "I clipped a mail box with my right side mirror. The only damage was the glass got cracked. How hard is this to fix? Do I need to replace the whole mirror housing?"

My daughter did the same thing on another type of vehicle. I was able to send it to a shop that sells auto glass and they installed just a new mirror. The mirror frame must be intact along with mirror clips or plastic housing that actually holds the mirror inside the frame. They charged me about 30.00 dollars to install.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

You can buy just the mirror itself from a dealer. It just snaps into a large round ball joint. Use a little Vaseline and it will make the job easier.

RC

Reply to
RC

Reply to