Moisture Accumulation on carpet of 2001 Suburban

Hello all,

Hopefully one of you out there can help.

I have a 2001 Suburban, and I am having a problem with moisture accumulation in the carpet on the passenger side front floor board and second row floorboard. I've inspected the door gaskets and they seem fine. Any ideas...is it maybe the rear A/C condensing and leaking inside the vehicle?

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Jarrod Clavelle

Leaky Winshield

Jarrod Clavelle wrote:

Reply to
Santa

leaky Windshield

Santa wrote:

Reply to
Santa

One of three things:

Leaking windshield or air plenum at the base of the windshield (hit it with a hose to find out).

Leaking heater core under dash (if the fluid smells like antifreeze and/or your antifreeze level is dropping).

Clogged drain hose from the bottom of the AC condenser box (when you run your AC, does water drip out from the firewall in front of the passenger's front seat onto the ground under the truck? If not, the drain is clogged and condensate is backing up and leaking into the cab).

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

My S10 had the same problem once. Finally found that there was an unsealed seam in the right front wheelwell. A garden hose there may help you pinpoint it. (I used RTV inside & out to seal it.)

Remember to pull the seats and carpet to dry everything out once you solve the leak. There ain't no other way to really dry it; it can seem dry on top, and have a bucket of water underneath.

Good luck!

Reply to
L. Anthony