Monster Garage distroyed a Classic SS

Only 78,000 miles

Bummer and I was looking for one too.

Gary

Reply to
Photobossman

Not that it wasn't AWESOME what they made it into(up until it got wrecked) but ya think they could of found one a bit less than the near perfect machine it was! I never though I would consider Jesse James Eccentric! But when you destroy something that rare just because you have the money...well...that's eccentric!!!

Reply to
Shades

When I wore a much younger man's clothing, I was serious into hot rodding, still am. But my views have changed a bit over the years. I watched Jessie take a mint 53 Chevy 210 sedan and chop it, section it, lower and channel. That car's glass was perfect, all the chrome was there, the old stove bolt ran and didn't smoke. I see guys wanting to find steel body cars from the teens, twenties and thirties to turn into hot rods, and I ask why? The fiberglass bodies out there today are almost impossible to tell from the steel bodies unless you get up and rap on the body. And if your going to chop it all up, why not go with glass in the first place? Its not eccentric its asinine and stupid to destroy something rare. And in Jessie's case its an in your face thing. I don't believe the "creations" from his show are worth a fiddlers fink. Quality work takes time. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Gilmore * dragster chassis to make some stupid 200 mph hot dog cart

Couldn't they simply replicate the chassis, and leave the origional uncut ? Destroying our heritage just to get some TV Time sucks.

We enthusiasts had to deal with bad press, sell outs, police harassment, getting ripped off by insurance companies, and other blight.

Now that Hot Rodding is " socially acceptable " do we need morons televising such butchery. As for " American Hot Rod " I'll give them credit for quality of craftsmanship, and respect for safety, while I watch something else.

Reply to
451ctds