Need Fuel Pump Help - '99 K1500

I have been having trouble with my '99 K1500 5.7L not starting. It will start fine one day and then just crank over and not fire the next day. I believe the problem to be fuel related. I checked the schematic and troubleshooting guide. It says with the truck running, to pull the fuel pump relay and if the truck dies the oil pressure sensor/switch is bad. I tried this and the truck did die. But the oil pressure sensor/switch on my truck only has one wire coming out of it, not three. Does it not have the "switch" ? If not, is the fuel pump only turned on thru the fuel pump relay? Is the relay only controlled by the VCM? Does this relay fail often? I sure hope it ain't the pump, $475 was what the Chevy dealer quoted me for a new one. Autozone says $275 for a Bosch unit, with a lifetime warranty. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
trapshooter870