Need Info on 1999 Blazer 4X4

Hello all, I need some help with my 1999 Blazer. I did an oil change about a week ago. After the oil change I noticed that the oil pressure is sitting between 1/2 and 3/4 (275 kPa - 300 kPa), I think this is too high but I don't really remember what it was at before. I changed the oil. One GM dealer says it's WAY TOO HIGH and I should bing it in right away for service and another one says It is fine. After a bout 20 mins of driving the pressure seems to drop. The pressure goes higher when I am driving and gets lower when I am sitting at a stop sgn or red light.... So I guess my question is that if you have a vehicle with the Vortec 4.3L V6, the next time you start up your truck can you check what the oil pressure it so that I can see if I am in normal range.

Reply to
<info

My 2000 runs about the same with Mobil 1 in it. Right after start it sits around 1/2-3/4 on the gauge, I think that's 40-60 PSI, maybe

20-40, it also stays right around there when driv>Hello all,
Reply to
Mike Levy

oil always runs high on first startup thats when the oil is thickest ,after the oil warms up it thins out and the pressure drops the best reading to give a shop is let it warm up a few minutes or after you drive it a few miles see where the gauge is staying at steadily thats is your normal operating pressure and when you accelerate and the gauge goes up thats good too that means your oil pump is working fine but if you never see the gauge go up when you accelerate after its warmed up get it looked at immediately or if the gauge seems to drop at a slow rate while at a steady rpm then stop and check the oil level immediately

Reply to
badaztek