New axles for 85 blazer

I'm rebuilding and lifting a 85 k5 blazer. I've heard that the stock axles are pretty weak for off roading. Any sugestions for what to replace them with and what veichles to get them off of? Thanks guys.

Bill

Reply to
Bill H.

corp 10 bolt sucks!! I would spring for the 14 bolt axles, they are much stronger.or if you really want; spent 1500 to 2000 and get a Dana 60 front and rear.

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

ummm.... a 10.5" 14 bolt is much stronger than a dana 60... it's much more comperable to a dana 70HD.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Yep. Heard the 10 bolts are pretty weak. Looks like I'll be searching for the 14 bolts. I've already installed a Rancho lift, but thanks for the advise.

Bill

Reply to
Bill H.