new plugs and wires and still fireworks...?

ok so i put on new plugs wires cap and roter. the plugs/wires that were arcing to the block are still arcing. did i miss something? should reinstall the plugs? is there suppose to be silicone or something between the plug and the wire?

Reply to
BIGSteve

Silicone will only make it easy to pull the boots off the plugs. Just sounds like el-cheapo 1k ohm/ft plug wires and RFI friendly resistor plugs. Remember my statement about current taking the path of least resistance...... I rest my case ! High frequency AC is still a wonderful anecdote.....

Reply to
Mad Dog

The plugs are AC delco and the wires bosch. seams funny that the ones that were arcing b4 the new wires are the same ones arcing now. could it be something with the plugs?

Reply to
BIGSteve

Maybe it has to do with routing. Are the wires in their holders keeping them away from the block and valve covers?

Reply to
TaskMule

Easy to find out if its the plugs. Just swap places of them betven those who sparks and those who not sparks. Let us know how its going

Reply to
BigSwede