new problem with my van

I have a 96 chevy express van with the 350 and about 150k miles. Yesterday, I went out to start it and noticed that it was running rough, like one of the cylinders wasn't firing. It ran though. Then I got a code. The code reader says "multiple random cylinder misfires". What does this sound like to everyone? I doubt it's a fuel problem. Also, if the injectors weren't opening, that would make me think that the computer would report a different code. My thinking is that it's a spark problem. I haven't looked to see if this one has a distributor or electronic ignition, those would be suspect. Maybe a failing ignition coil? Any ideas where to look?

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

take the engine cover off and start it up after dark

you'll probably see intense fireworks around the coil assembly

pick up a new coil at your GM dealer beforehand, so you can replace and test it the same night............

Reply to
TranSurgeon