new Tahoe

Anyone here have the newer model Tahoes? My dad is seriously looking to buy a 2007 on the lot and I say the thing is too big, too much of a gas guzzler. That aside, are you happy with the Tahoe?

Reply to
Cooper

Maybe wait for a new Sequoia

skimmer

Reply to
NewsSkimmer

Like all the 2007 new truck line, they have active fuel management, and will be somewhat better at constant cruising speed than the older model regarding mileage. As for too big, that's relative. If you're not used to full sized SUV's it might be. I find it feels smallish compared to my Suburban and Avalanche. The only real question mark for me would be that it's a first year of introduction with a major platform change. GM's track record on these is spotty on the first year, with bugs and glitches typically being dealt with in the next year or two.

Reply to
Augustus

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:42:25 +0000, a rock fell from the sky, hitting Augustus on the head, and inspiring the following:

Didn't the new Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/XL come out two years ago? Is there a "new" new Tahoe for '07?

I'm half thinking I wish I had the AFM on my Avalanche. I'm tending to drive a lot more city - about 20 miles each way to work all streets - and the AFM would certainly help. Right now, I'm only averaging 18mpg per tank.

Reply to
PerfectReign
18 is pretty good for an Avalanche. You might consider getting a custom computer tune. Mine helped.

bought mine from

Sigwings

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:37:00 +0000, a rock fell from the sky, hitting Sigwings on the head, and inspiring the following:

Will take a look. I've got a buddy with a 2500 Silverado who gets in the low 20's with his chip.

Reply to
PerfectReign

The new body Tahoe/Suburban/ Avalache/ Yukon family are all 2007 models. You are correct that the SUV line was introduced earlier than the truck line (back in mid 06). But they're all 2007's and they haven't been around two years.18mpg all round from an Avalnche is good mileage.

Reply to
Augustus

Just make sure the front wheels are attached firmly.. big recall on these bohemouths for balljoint failure.

Reply to
Roger Rabbid

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:29:02 +0000, a rock fell from the sky, hitting Augustus on the head, and inspiring the following:

Ahh, okay. I'd forgotten. I - for some reason - thought the Tahoe/ Suburban came out in '05 for the '06 model year and that the AV followed by one year.

Yeah, I routinely get 18 from the truck. On road trips, I've noticed 20 or so. I try to keep the RPMs down to around 2000. On the road I keep it below 75 whenever I can.

It really freaks me out now, when I drive my wife's V6 Vue, and I notice the RPMs shooting up into 6000 territory. :P

Reply to
PerfectReign