New truck

Well semi new. We're looking at a 96ish Suburban or Crew Cab single rear wheel pickup, 3/4 ton if we can find a nice one for the right price. I have an older 86 Blazer so I'm somewhat familiar with the trucks. We're looking for either 2wd or 4wd, not a huge deal with or without. I want as many features as I can afford but I surely don't want leather seats, perfer the cloth. Same with the body molding, I hate the wheel well /running board thing, I would perfer without. I'm open to GMC trucks too, I actually like the nose on those better. So my question is, what model should I be looking for, SLT, LT, LE, SLE, all gibberish to me. "Things were simpler in my days, K series, C series, Silverado and that was it." ;) Also what should I look out for in the truck, any major known problems?? Tranny issues, rear end, front end, etc, etc. We were looking into something with 100K miles for about $6K-$8K or so. That unrealistic?? We were looking into Ford F250 Crew Cabs but those guys must be on crack,$ 10K for a 97 that has been rolled, busted up bed and almost 200K miles?! WTF!!

Reply to
retorq

I don't think anything but a Ferrari enzo is worth $6k with 100k on it. Hold out, you'll find someone who; A: Has a head on their shoulders B: Has only tried to sell to ppl with heads on their shoulder, and just keep bringing the price down....

Reply to
KJ

Just for info purposes, I bought my wife's 97 Yukon SLT with barn doors, all power, cc, a/c, remote locks, factory running boards dual air, 9 speaker cd/cassette, leather, tow package w/brake controller

54k miles for $21k out the door. It was 4 years old and Just as cherry as if it came off the showroom floor. It had all the maint records in the glove box from the time it was new. The dealer put me in touch with the former owner before I bought it. He had traded it for a 2001 Sub because he wanted more truck to pull his bigger 32ft camper. BTW, this was in NE Pa so the $21K included 6% sales tax and tags. JR
Reply to
JR

Just looked it up on bluebook.com

85k miles shows $11,000 private sale and $8,000 trade-in value. I think I'll keep it. JR
Reply to
JR

Watch out for intake leaks. 5.7 and 5.0 engines have this problem. My 1998 did it at 60K.

Dealer will want $500 to repair.

Reply to
<aschroeder1

Reply to