no brake lights

My 1995 chevy c-1500 pick-up has no brake lights except for the light on the topper door. I am wondering what color wire connects to the brake lights so that I can check for power?

Reply to
pnrjoyce

On our 2000 Chevy Blazer, the lower brake light did not work but the upper center one did. The lower ones were also interrupted by the turn signals and four-way flashers. After a lot of work, I determine the problem was the so called multifunction switch in the steering column. There was a poor connection and my solution was to wedge the four-way switch to the left so that the lower brake lights also operated when the brake petal is depressed. One might call this a temporary solution but the cost of the multi-function switch was greater than $100 (switch only no replacement labor). My wedge is a part of a tissue.

Best of luck to you, Charlie

Reply to
Charles L Bachman

Had a 97 Blazer. Third eye brake light worked. To fix the problem took a new ts switch on column. Not cheap if you have all the stuff on it.

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Jeremy Bomkamp