no oil pressure in new rebult 305

i just rebuilt a 305 and i am not getting much oil pressure. when i was priming the pump the gauge was showing i was getting pressure (about a

1/4 way up the stock gauge 77 pickup). after a ton of priming and no oil coming up the top of the lifters i decided to start it. after about 5 min. of running still no oil out the top of the lifters. im not sure whats goin on. i have hydrolic lifters.
Reply to
Partyphil14

Use a pump adapter and keep priming the pump until you get oil on top. If you don't get oil on top then you have a bigger problem.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Reisingers

ya all the freeze plugs are in. i found alot of gas in the oil. so i went ang got a new fuel pump. do u think this may have cause my oil pressure to drop. i am going to put the pump on tomorrow and put new oil in the engine. after that ill prime it again. hopefully i get better results this time around. let me know what u guys think

Reply to
Partyphil14

"Partyphil14" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

There are 3 threaded plugs behind the timing cover, did you remember to put them back in?

Reply to
Bob

yes sir i certenly remember puting them in cause of the pain in the ass they were to take out.

Reply to
Partyphil14