no spark

hi, i have a 1991 chevy k 1500, with a 5.7 litre engine, and an automatic trans. the problem i have is that i have no spark, there is power at the coil, but none after the distributor, i have changed the coil, distributor, computer, and the wire running from the coil to the distributor, with no change. I have a tach and it is not responding at all when i turn the truck over, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas. thanks a lot

Reply to
chevy_man33

replace the magnetic trigger and/or module assy.

Reply to
Mad Dog

Reply to
farmerboy

Who makes a good replacement?

The last one I picked up, died a short time later, I think it was a borg Warner. Any Brand recomendations?

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Delco.

You're wasting your time with anything else.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

MSD makes a HP replacement module that will beef up the spark in the process, Here is a link to the page describing the unit and it's benefits....

Mad Dog

Warner. Any Brand recomendations?

Did you bed it in silicone compound. If not, it won't last long. H

Reply to
Hairy

Very good point Hairy....

Reply to
Mad Dog

Very good point, alot of heat generated by the little bugger. Usually, if you take the old one out, you will see that it is cooked. Used a delco, 8 months, still ticking.

Reply to
farmerboy