Non-electronic lockup on a 700-R4...

So... I got the K5 back today. My tranny case was damaged and had to be replaced (according to the shop) so the bill was quite a bit higher than expected.

Regardless, the head dude there said that rather than deal with the lockup wiring harness, it was converted to lock up manually via internal pressure (or words to that effect). Basically, he said it'll lock up in 4th, and when I slow down, as the tranny downshifts to 3rd, it'll automatically unlock.

My invoice lists a "Shift Kit Lock Up". Seeing as how trannies are something I haven't tackled, and know very little about, can someone explain to me how this thing works?

I assume if I gas it, causing the throttle valve cable to be pulled, it'll change the pressure in the tranny and cause it to unlock if I need to accelerate, correct?

Thanks,

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Shep

======== ======== jp, a link for you....... . .

. . . . . . yer welcome...... . and yer assumption is correct, if you stomp it, it should release lockup.

. . ~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Thanks as always Marsh... I drove it home today from work (long-ish commute) but wasn't able to accurately gauge the locking and unlocking of the tranny.

The (mis)tuning of the carb did make normal driving impossible...to be started in a new thread.

~jp

Marsh M> =======

.

Reply to