OBD Codes '99 Chev 3500

What should I do, knowing these codes: PO141, O2 Heater Circuit, Bank 1 Sensor 2, and PO300 Random Misfire Detected? I had the codes read and the Service Engine Soon light reset - it hasn't come back on. About a year ago, I had a code for Multiple Random Misfires. The tech who read it reset it and it stayed off. At the time he said there wasn't enough information to do anything, since the engine was running great. Same thing again. Engine was running great when the tech reset the codes. A couple of months ago the Service Engine Soon light came on and went out after a couple of days. The engine was running great, gas mileage and engine temperature is the same as always. The engine's a VorTec V8. It seems that when going up a hill that's steep enough to cause the transmission to come out of overdrive and then shift down to second, resulting in high RPMs, the light comes on. The engine is in a motor home, so there's not much I can do about it downshifting on steep hills: the vehicle weighs about 12,000 pounds.

Reply to
William Andersen

So, I bought a code reader today, went out and started the vehicle and the light's out! The bulb came on when I first turned the key to on, along with all the other warning lights, but the light went out and stayed out after I started the engine. I drove a little and started the engine a couple of times. The light's still out.

Reply to
William Andersen