Oil Filter Replacement for PF 59

Top of the morning, I usually buy oil filters 5 at a time. Time to change the oil and used the last PF-59. Seems that GM has decided that I should use the PF-46 no and it is smaller than the 59. Did all of you Master Mechanics start using the 46 or did you go to another manufacture? If so; Which do you use? thanks and I really enjoy lurking here.

have a great day..

Reply to
CIL

oops

2002 Silverado, 5.3 liter approximately 63,000 miles.

Reply to
CIL

Dear CIL,

My understanding is that the AC Delco PF61 can be used in this application. I have a 2000 Silverado with the 5.3 L Vortec and that is the filter that I am currently using. The PF46 is too small and too short in my opinion.

Hope this Helps!

Mike

Reply to
jukeblues