Oil futures

Don't you mean the cost of NOT of protecting the middle east, to the price of gasoline, the price would go up? ;)

JoeSpareBedroom wrote: > Gasoline is a commodity. Oil companies are allowed to sell their gasoline > for whatever they want. They can give it away for free. They can sell for > $10 per gallon. The choice is theres. However, market forces set the price > of gasoline. It involves the cost of the crude oil, the cost of > distribution and refining, taxes and what the competitors are doing. > > Yet, this would have no effects on some of the biggest costs of making > gasoline like crude oil, the cost of distributing and refining gasoline > and taxes. Oil companies have a net profit margin of about 10%. > > So, as goofy as the market is, it does result in reasonable returns to the > oil companies and reasonable prices for fuels. > > If we added the cost of protecting the middle east to the price of > gasoline, the price would go up. > > Jeff
Reply to
Mike hunt

No, I don't mean that all.

And if I did mean it, I would use complete and intelligible sentences.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The thing is the number supplier of oil to the US is Canada. The Middle East doesn't even make into the top five suppliers.

R> Don't you mean the cost of NOT of protecting the middle east, to the price

Reply to
Ronald Thompson