oil leak steady stream 91 z71

I was getting my paper this morning and I noticed a leak coming into my drive way.. Sure enough it goes straight to my truck.. I got off work last night and iM about 5 miles away. This is a steady leak the whole way. I keep a tray under were I park at at. Ive had a power steering leak. This pan was filled up. I checked my oil and it is dry as a bone.

I moved it in the garage jacked it up and I see oil about every were. My filter is tight no loose nut. I went got some more oil and gonna fill up and start and wonder if I can see were it is coming from>

Any Ideals on were to start or what it might be or how to find? Tks Fatdaddy

Reply to
Fatdaddy

Oil pressure sending unit. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Sounds more like a blown rear seal to me, if the oil is "everywhere."

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I agree, it has to be something that is under oil pressure to lose that much oil. Only way to find out is fill 'er up and watch where it comes out! Might want to clean the bottom of the engine with brake cleaner to be able to see the origion of the leak better.

Reply to
Jay

If it leaks that bad....should be VERY easy to find.

Reply to
Scott M

This was my oil adapter seal.. I jacked it up put oil and started got under and sure enough it was coming from around the seal were the Oil adapter thing connects.

I'm gonna have to take filter off but may not take connects off.. I got it off it was as brittle as could be just snapped apart. 240K miles and still running David

Reply to
Fatdaddy

Glad it was something fairly simple. Next question, the red check engine light never came on, and oil pressure gauge stayed high? Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning