Oil Life Re-Set

Pardon me if this has been asked........2005 Silverado, ....without the DIC controls in the steering wheel....how do you re-set the DIC message they says "Change Oil"

The dealer said turn key 'On' and push the gas pedal down 3 times then turn key 'Off' ,..count to 10 and it should then go away.

didn't work.

Reply to
Jim Becker

Dealer should have said, turn key on, push pedal to floor three times within 5 seconds, wait until the light flashes 5 times...then turn off key. Note: even when the light is reset, it will often flash 5 times when you start the engine, for a while. Older trucks do this....they must have fixed some software issues in the newer trucks as they don't exhibit this behaviour.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks!

I'll try this in the morning. They said nothing about '5 seconds'.

Reply to
Jim Becker

It worked.

Thank you!