Oil Pressure gauge

My dashboard oil pressure gauge (2000 Silverado 5.3 86,000 miles) shows

60-70 when I drive it on the freeway at about 60-65 mph. On a friends car, new Tahoe only 15,000 miles, it's usually at 40 or so.

Is this something I should be worried about? It's been a while since I changed the oil, would that help?

Thanks

Jay

...curious to see the replies... I have a 1997 Chevy 1500 (conversion van) and a 1999 Chevy 3500 (motor home) and they both indicate 60-70 when driving, 40 at idle, and have since they were new.

Reply to
William Andersen

I've never relied on any electric oil pressure gauge.

Mechanical gauge kits are inexpensive, reasonably accurate and reliable. I buy mine from my farm supply dealer for under $20 including the tubing kit and mounting bracket.

Reply to
nonsense