oil pressure on my 92 Chev Blazer with 350 motor

Hi,

I just bought a 1992 Chev Blazer with the 350 CID motor. It is a fantastic rig because it has no rust. (I live in northern Vermont) the rig has low oil pressure ( 20 to 22 lbs at the gauge) hot or cold. Could the gauge be bad or is it the motor. Other then to oil pressure the motor sounds and runs great. Any ideas would be helpful. My other ride is an 87 Corvette.

Regards,

Reply to
Vetteman

First suspect would be the sender unit....you don't get any change with rpm or cold/hot?

Reply to
Augustus

correct, the change when cold is very very slight maybe a couple of pounds.

Reply to
Vetteman

Reply to
Scott

Just curious..is this an S-10 Blazer with a 350 conversion? In any event.. as mentioned... you need to get a mechanical pressure gauge hooked up to be sure. With that info you can then check the sending unit and/or instrument cluster. Those sending units do go bad..If you need any help..I'm in Champlain, NY..on the other side of the bridge!

Reply to
33Chevy

Forgot to mention..my other ride is an 82 Vette!

Reply to
33Chevy

Thanks for the tips. I will get the mechanical gauge hooked up soon.

To the best of my knowledge the rig is a stock Blazer K1500 2 door with the 350 small block . The rig has high miles but most of it is towing miles as it spent most of the time behind a large motorhome... The past owner estimates the the motor miles might be 40K and it had never been off road. The rig has only surface rust on the frame and related undercarrage. The motor and ride are smooth and as comfortable as a Caddy. The past owner said the gas mileage really sucks. All it needs is a detail and new rubber and I am good to go.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Don in VT

Reply to
Vetteman