Old Stuff (CB) 95 GMC Sierra

I know this is probably an old question for you guys, but where can I safely run my + & - for my CB radio on my 95 GMC Sierra ??? I'd sure value any opinions that any & or all could throw my way on this. It's a Galaxie 33 DXL. The present/changing, conditions in my neighborhood are forcing me to install it again. The last time was in a 91 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 & it's been in the garage on the shelf since then. Things are changing around here & I really need to do this. So, whatever you guys can throw my way on this, I'd really appreciate it & maybe could contribute back for someone on something else, concerning this truck. Like 20mpg or whatever,, anyway thanks for yer time, Regards Rich

Reply to
Rick

Hi!

I'd run it from anywhere you can find a constant or switched +12V (depending upon preference). As for a ground, any unpainted metal surface should do. You could also try fitting a cigarette lighter plug to the radio and using it that way. I've done both in a '94 fullsize pickup and a '03 S-10 with no problems at all.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hi I'm looking at the 2 posts at the rear of the fusebox or power center under the hood,, right by the brake booster. I don't see anything in the manual that forbids this procedure so I might try using one of those. I've found a good ground at the wiper motor, (one of the mounting screws). I have an inline fuse so I oughtta be OK but will wait for some replies. I could also use this for my linear amplifier and just use the cigarette lighter accessory for the radio itself, like you suggested. I've also noticed a fusebox looking thing just to the left of the steering column. It has weird labels on it & only one or two leads plugged into it, so I might investigate it as well. It would be nice to find a switched source for the linear in case I forget to turn it off when I park it for the evening. Anyway thanks for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. Regards Richard

Reply to
Rick