Ouch. parts anyone?

Well I'm in allot of pain right now. I wrecked my Sonoma this morning. I was faked out by the car next to me pulling up at the red-light. Thought it was green but nope. Instead someone going 50+ clobbered me good. I don't think there's anything broken but my whole left side and neck is sprained. My dog was in the back but thankfully she's ok.

The sonoma has a nice rack, bed, ext cab. In front of the cab is totaled (engine is still good -was still running). Anyway, I'm leaving MD and will probably leave it behind. If anyone wants a 96 Sonoma for parts, email me - I'm not sure what to do with it now.

So it looks like the 87 S-10 will be important to me sooner than I thought. Still I'm stuck for a vehicle while in transition - since Id have to go back to MD to register anything.

Elliott

Reply to
Elliott

Didn't the bone head who hit you have insurance? And you might be able to get a rental for awhile, you could always leave it in NY at the Avis or National Car Rental or who ever they use.

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Judging from Elliot's post it appears he was the bone head who went through the red light. What the hell is "faked out"??

Reply to
Battleax

Reads to me it was Elliott's fault for the accident.

Reply to
John Alt

"Battleax" wrote

It means "I was not paying attention to the road and the signals, but instead was watching what another vehicle was doing and taking my cues from them".

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

The thing I'm wondering is if he actually learned anything from the experience. Bob

Reply to
Bob

"Bob" wrote

Elliott....learn anything from the experience...hah hah hah...good one, Bob!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Why doesn't he use his vast experience in home engineering and simply rebuild the entire vehicle? It shouldn't be hard for someone with his vast talents. When he is done it would be better than new. After all, he is a legend in his own mind so it should be easy.

Reply to
Diamond Jim

I really didn't want to post this...so maybe I shouldn't have...but I'm really good at doing things I shouldn't, so here goes...

All of you've "accused" Elliot of poor driving that caused his accident could really stand to back off quite a ways. You weren't there, and you simply don't know. Neither do I. And no matter what you think of him, the least you could do is express some understanding --or if you really hate him that much-- just lay off the SEND button for a bit.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

"William R. Walsh" wrote

Hey William...chill out. Nobody "hates" Elliott. In fact, he is now my official "number one" source of mirth and merriment on this and whatever other newgroups that he and I populate at the same time.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Yes I was "faulted" for the accident. I did "think" it had turned green, BUT, several witnesses said that it hadn't. The other driver was going at least 50, never swerved or hit the breaks. After contact his car continued for about 50 yards. My truck was spun 90 degrees. The collision occurred on the front bumpers (my left, his right). I do think he was racing a yellow - but that will never be proved or matter.

Today I paid $180 to dispose of the Sonoma. It was $75 for the tow, $30 for 1 day of storage, and $75 for junking it. It was a hard one since it could have been rebuilt, or would have been a perfect source of parts. But without living here past tomorrow there just isn't any way to deal with it other than to just let it go.

So what have I learned.

  1. Pay attention to the "mighty red light". I hadn't moved more than a car-length without applying any gas as of yet - but even that much was too much as the other driver (from my left) was in the closest of 3 lanes (the one you'd think was a turn/entrance lane (except for those in a big hurry). I did hit the breaks as I did see him comming - and prayed in the moment. It was that prayr that saved lives.
  2. Some of the posters here are not very nice, and even add insult to injury (and yes I'm pretty messed up). 6" more in the contact and I'm sure I'd have been dead. Sadly I do belive some here would have enjoyed that.
  3. Stable living arrangements are everything to home mechanics. W/o a place to do the work, there's nothing that can be done.
  4. God loves dogs - my dog is fine.

Elliott

Elliott wrote:

Reply to
Elliott

Damn, they make *YOU* pay to dispose of the car in Maryland??? Shit, I think i'll come to MD and open a wrecking yard! They would have *paid me* at least $60 at the junkyard for a Sonoma here in VA... what a racket they have up there! (not that 60 bucks for it is that great, but at least it's something)

Reply to
Celica Dude

Or say something along the lines of "I'm glad your safe [I am] as well as your dog."

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

My place says they "Pay $30.00 if you can drive it in". I bet if ya haggled though you could get more.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Hi!

Ouch. Now I know why a lot of vehicles never make it to the junkyard and are left where they fall...

(Although, on an unrelated subject, I'd love to own a small junkyard. I'm just thinking of the crazy contraptions I could make...and what I could learn from the experience...)

Elliot, it's Usenet. Don't take it too seriously, otherwise you'll never get out alive. Don't let your feelings or emotions play that much into things. You probably came here to have fun, and certainly to contribute what you can. Don't worry about it.

Did you dog "leave the premises" pretty quickly when it all happened? I know if it had been my dog I probably wouldn't have been that lucky.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh