P0178 Fuel Composition Sensor low input.......

Howdy....

This is "driving" me nuts...The Dealership (bad guys) seem to be the only ones who sell this part. They want $647 for the part and $160 for the labor....I just do NOT have that kind of money laying around. My truck WONT pass inspection without this part though and ive already gotten 2 tickets because of it.

Can someone PLEASE help me by telling me the location of this part EXACTLY and I really REALLY need a picture of the Fuel Composition Sensor so I know what it looks like.

The info Ive already found out about the location is that its in the front/passenger side of the truck by the wheel well and the engine along the right side rail.

That info is great, BUT I still dont know what Im looking for and DONT want to remove the wrong part.

Ive found out other info I can SHARE with anyone having the same problem. I found this part for HALF the cost at

Part Number is 12570260 Flex Fuel Composition Sensor

Just copy and paste the above number into the parts search list on the link above and there ya go.

So, thats half the problem solved...I know where I can get this part, I just lack the knowledge of where its at and what it looks like.

ANYONE has any info, I would be very gratefull.

TIA for any replies!!!!!

Reply to
sawgutts

Just found a picture of this damn thing......Its taken me 3 days of constant searching to finally FIND what this thing looks like......

Although this is a picture of the Fuel Composition Sensor for a Ford (yuk), it gives me a better idea of what to look for, as Im sure the Chevy model is similar...

Heres a link to the PDF I found the picture in.....

Hope this helps anyone and EVERYONE to NOT go and give the DEALERSHIP not one damn penny.

On a sidenote....Had another idea.....Instead of even paying the half price at GMpartsdirect.....Im going to go to a auto salvage yard that has some S-10s and Im going to pick the part myself for about $50 bucks.....If this works, im going to go back to the dealership and shove it up that dudes arse.....

Reply to
sawgutts

Dohhhh, forgot the link......here ya go.....

Sorry bout that,,,,,,can ya tell im really REALLY pissed off!!!!!

Reply to
sawgutts

Good luck finding that part used. There are very few flex fuel S-10s out there and flex fuel vehicles are the only ones with that sensor.

might give you some help.

Reply to
Steve W.

Craig M