P30 Smell

I have a motorhome on a 96 Chev P30 chassis. It uses the 454 L29 Engine. After several hours on the road we begin to get a very bad odor form under the passenger side near the step. It is similar to the smell of a bad cat converter but I do no believe this has a cat converter. That is the ONLY place the smell is strong. SOMETIMES I get an engine check light but not always. It is not from the exhaust as all the exhaust system in on the driver side of the coach. I have close to 80 K miles on it.

Suggestions, Please.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

What is the code?And take it to a muffler shop and have the exhaust checked for leaks,that stuff can kill ya you know?

Reply to
Dafey