Painting Cabl Light Lenses

I've got an 06 Silverado and am dying to put cab lights on it, but I dont want the same thing everybody else has. I was wandering if I bought a set of cab lights with the clear lense and orange bulbs if I could have the lense and everything painted (white) to match the truck. Would it melt the paint or even show through when they are on. I want them white white when they are off and orange when they are on.

Thanks

Reply to
ngbrooks

The paint would not let light through AND would very likely burn black. Oh and just an FYI the only legal color for roof mounted marker lights is amber.

Reply to
Steve W.