Passenger-side Window on '03 Silverado

I have an '03 Silverado extended cab w/ 5.3L engine, 4WD and about 56k mi. A few weeks ago my passenger-side power window stopped going up and down. When I press the power window button from either the driver side or from the passenger side there is an electronic click sound like there has always been but nothing more. Could this be a fuse issue or possibly a bad motor inside the door? I do have an extended warranty which is still in effect, however my thinking is if it was something simple like a fuse, I could just replace it and be on my merry way. Everything else on the door works - power lock, power mirror (see below), LED turn signal, etc. I am not very mechanical, so at this point disassembling the door is beyond me - perhaps a Chilton guide is in my future... In any event, I can always go to the dealer but it's a PitA during the work week for me to leave the vehicle.

Unrelated, but while I have everyone's attention, my power mirrors are the ones w/the built in signal LEDs and defrosters. I've had the passenger-side one replaced once under warranty because the defroster stopped working and it has happened a second time but I didn't get around to going to the dealer in the winter when they could test it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Again, it's a warranty issue but curiosity has me wondering...

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Klein

It sounds like you need a window regulator. Let the dealership handle this one, since it's under warranty and the door panel has to come apart.

As far as the mirror goes, I haven't seen a lot of them get replaced (hardly any, really) and I live in Maine, so it gets plenty cold and nasty here. It makes me wonder if moisture isn't getting in somewhere. It's possible the first mirror was defective the second one was not sealing properly against the door, allowing moisture to get into the harness. Just a thought.

Dave

Kev> I have an '03 Silverado extended cab w/ 5.3L engine, 4WD and about 56k

Reply to
DirtyDave931

Thanks for your thoughts on the mirror - it seems I'm heading to the dealer then and will ask what the wiring harness looks like when they replace it.