PIAA lamps using OEM wire/switch - will it work?

Hi, I have a 4x4 `04 Tahoe I just finished installing my PIAA airdam and 40 series driving lamps but have not connected the lamps yet. my question is is it OK or safe to just tap my 40 series lights to my old OEM driving light wiring/switch? The old driving lamp has a 27W and the new driving lamp has a 55W. Or should I use the factory PIAA wirings that came with it. Pls. I need your advice. Thanks!

Reply to
cj

To be safe you can run the factory output to the PIAA input. In other words hook your PIAA relay to your factory light output. That should allow you to use the factory switch with out having to worry about to much power being pulled because the power is going through the PIAA wiring harness.

That's my $.02

Reply to
James Del Mul

Thanks, I think I will do that!