po 174 code

Hello I'm new to the site and need some help form everyone out there. I have a98 chevy suburban 1500 2wd, 350 engine. I have changed all 4 o2 sensors, replaced cat converter, the map sensor, fuel pressure regulator, have done 2 injector cleanings, have replaced the fuel filter, changed the sparks and wires. And i keep on getting the po 174 sytem lean . truck shakes , blows out real dark smoke from tail pipe. So everytime this happens i replace the 02 sensor on bank 2 in front of the cat and runs great for about 2 weeks thengoes back to the smae thing shakes , smoke loss of power. please help i took it to a chevy dealer they advise i need to stop the oil leaks becasue the oil was getting into the o2 connector and making the computer detect something going on . i did that also. the last time i changed this 02 sensor was on mothers day about 3 weeks ago and here i go again having to relace the o2 in order to make it run good for a while

Reply to
heater04

TOP POST.......Sounds like your suckin air...Or you could have a partially clogged cat...Have any exhaust leaks?

po 174 code Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Wed, May 25, 2005, 1:03am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (heater04) Hello I'm new to the site and need some help form everyone out there. I have a98 chevy suburban 1500 2wd, 350 engine. I have changed all 4 o2 sensors, replaced cat converter, the map sensor, fuel pressure regulator, have done 2 injector cleanings, have replaced the fuel filter, changed the sparks and wires. And i keep on getting the po 174 sytem lean . truck shakes , blows out real dark smoke from tail pipe. So everytime this happens i replace the 02 sensor on bank 2 in front of the cat and runs great for about 2 weeks thengoes back to the smae thing shakes , smoke loss of power. please help i took it to a chevy dealer they advise i need to stop the oil leaks becasue the oil was getting into the o2 connector and making the computer detect something going on i did that also. the last time i changed this 02 sensor was on mothers day about 3 weeks ago and here i go again having to relace the o2 in order to make it run good for a while

Reply to
Steve Cook

NO LEAKS. i HAVE REPLACED THE CAT ON BANK 2. wHER COULD I BE SUCKING AIR FROM , WHAT MAIN SPOTS DO YOU THINK I SHOULD CHECK? THANKS FOR REPLYING

Reply to
heater04

Check your right side exhaust manifold ...Also Try using some top engine cleaner..The stuff works wounders...Your valves could be dirty and sticking alittle...You could be getting air there if your intake valve isnt seating all the way during the exhaust stroke which ive also seen run a lean code...Thus letting in to much air.. S Cook.

Re: po 174 code Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Fri, May 27, 2005, 12:13am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (heater04) NO LEAKS. i HAVE REPLACED THE CAT ON BANK 2. wHER COULD I BE SUCKING AIR FROM , WHAT MAIN SPOTS DO YOU THINK I SHOULD CHECK? THANKS FOR REPLYING

Reply to
Steve Cook

i will check it out thanks. i'll let you know

Reply to
heater04