POPPING and VIBRATION ........PLEASE READ

I have a 1996 Chevrolet Z-71 (146, 000 miles) that has developed a problem. When putting the truck in gear (forward) and/or taking off, I hear a popping noise from the rear of the truck. It, also, has developed a vibration at about 60 m.p.h. when on the highway.

I am currently in the Navy, aboard the USS Nimitz, and needless to say do not have the funds to take to a repair shop. I am very handy at doing most all of my vehicle maintenance.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Please e-mail me at;

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Steve

Universel Joints Are Gone, Shot, History.

Replace them Before The Driveshaft comes up Thru the Floor !!!

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Santa

U-joints.