Power Steering Fluid loss

Hi All:

I apologize profusely that this problem is not on a Chevy truck but rather a

1991 Geo Prizm that a friend of mine has.

I could not find a forum for geo prizm's and this group has been excellent in helping out in the past.

Her mechanics replaced her power steering hose the other day and thought it would solve the problem. Unfortunately, she drove for over 2 hours today and when she came back, her power steering resivior was completely dry again.

If it's not the hoses (as the mechanic replaced it), would any of you know what could cause power steering fluid to "disappear" after driving. When the car is stitting still, she does not think that it's leaking. It's only when driving.

Where's the fluid going? Out thru some time of vacuum vent? I'm not knowledgable about power steering problems.

thanks...

Reply to
The angry snapping Goose

none2u

bad rack. Pull a boot loose and see if there is fluid in it. If there is the rack is leaking. Not uncommon for a 15 year old vehicle, specially a Geo. Whitelightning.

Reply to
Whitelightning