Power Window for S10 suggestions?

hey all..

I have a 2000 cheverolet S10. I had an aftermarket power window & lock installed by the chevy dealer who hired someone outside the dealership to install it.

the power window is not working (the motor is making sound, but window is not moving) and its interfering with the power locks and remote key. the power window hasn't worked in a year, so I'd like to get it fixed.

I went to a couple of shops and they've told me that they don't mess with aftermarket motors.

the last shop that I went to explained to me that system I had uses a very small motor (describes it as itty bitty) and doesn't last very long. its wired to another unit that turns the manual window shaft up & down. He seems to have a point about that in regards to the life of the unit. the motor on the driver side did last about 3 years, I had one replaced 4 years prior. Oddly enough, the power window motor on the passenger side is 7 years old, but its not a speed demon, its rather slow.

anyone recommend a replacement system that's better than this one that I've got?

Reply to
Dilbert Firestorm

Go to a boneyard and get the power equipment from a 1995-2000 S series. Bolt it in and hook it up. Not difficult to do.

Reply to
Steve W.

J.C. Whitney sells those kinds of add on power window kits. I don't think they are very expensive. Don't know how good they are but I'm sure it's a lot easier to go that route then swapping internal door parts (I've done that).

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

know of a good site that does review on that sort of thing at least knowlegedable on the power window products.

Reply to
Dilbert Firestorm