Power Window Regulator Replacement Any Tips or Instructions?

My '02 Chevy Silverado has a bad power window regulator on the passenger side. I've bought a replacement, which will be arriving next week. I've been looking for a few tips or online instructions to make my life easier. This seems like one of those jobs where a couple tidbits from someone who has done it could be VERY helpful. I've got the panel of the door off already and have started to take a couple bolts out but I decided to stop there until I got the replacement part, so I don't take anything out I didn't need to. Would love some tips and pics would be awesome! Thanks...

Reply to
jhorton44

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: :: My '02 Chevy Silverado has a bad power window regulator on the :: passenger side. I've bought a replacement, which will be arriving :: next week. I've been looking for a few tips or online instructions :: to make my life easier. This seems like one of those jobs where a :: couple tidbits from someone who has done it could be VERY helpful. :: I've got the panel of the door off already and have started to take a :: couple bolts out but I decided to stop there until I got the :: replacement part, so I don't take anything out I didn't need to. :: Would love some tips and pics would be awesome! :: Thanks...

You don't need any tips or pics. It is exactly as easy as it looks. If you have the door panel off, you have about 5 minutes left to git 'er done! I used a coat hanger to hold the window up while I changed it.

Reply to
George

I changed mine in my 1990 and it was easy. If your inter panel is bolted to the inside of the door like mine it will be easy to change. Good Luck.

Reply to
Gary

My 91 the regulator assembly was riveted in. Took about 10 minutes to drill the three rivets out once I had the drill and bits in hand. used 1/4 fine thread bolts with lock nuts to reinstall it.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Easy job on my 01 on Both windows. Put die electric grease on the electric connections FYI If you change electric mirrors heaters cut the wires and solder them It honks me off that Chevy would continue to build these junk regulators. It will cost them more than me because I will not by any more chivies. At

80,000 miles Iv had to replace far to many parts that previous years had problems with and were not corrected by the manufacture, just so they can gouge the consumer. My previous vehicle was a 85 Nissan with 185,000 very hard miles with only two repairs and one was my fault. I wore that truck out . It was a 1/2 ton with a ton of equipment on it Which one do you think I will buy next? wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...
Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub