Programming a remote for 2002 Blazer

Hi all, I recently bought a 2002 Blazer that had no keyless entry pad, so I bought one on line. The instructions I have found on google (removing and replacing the key from the ignition numerous times), as well as the instructions I have found everywhere else (put key in ignition, hold down unlock, turn key off on off on, and release unlock) do not seem to work. Is there some kind of technique I need to do to get the programming sequence to work? Could there be something in the car or wrong with the car that is stopping it from going into programming mode? Is there another programming sequence I should try? Any help would be appreciated.. thanks!

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

If it had no keyless entry remote when you bought it, did you check to see that the vehicle had remote door locks feature before you ordered one on line.? Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

How do you check your vehicle for remote door locks? I have a 2k blazer.

Justin

Reply to
Justin Mahn

Any Chevy dealer can look it up!!! Gm Records That Window Stickers

Reply to
Santa

Or just look for code AU0 in the glovebox. This refers to the remote entry system. It's the RPO code for it.

Reply to
Mike Levy

OK thanks. Mine had an "AU3" but not an AU0. Now I can rest without wondering.

Reply to
Justin Mahn

AU3 is for the power locks. That's been the code for those since at least 94. Sorry, just buying the remote won't work to get the RKE operating.

Reply to
Mike Levy