Programming New Remote

Jonathan, did you manage to get your remote programmed with those instructions? If not, let me know, and I'll copy and paste the 2004 instructions for you. 2004 full size trucks can be programmed manually.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ian,

I haven't yet received the new remote - it'll be here in a few days. If it's not too much trouble please post the instructions anyway as I'd like to keep them on hand. Not only that, but I trust you as a source.

Cheers - J>

Reply to
Jonathan

Thanks for the vote of confidence....here you go:

Method 1 - No Tools Required, Program All Transmitters

Important All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.

The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only; #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.

1.. Close all the vehicle doors. 2.. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. 3.. Press and hold the door unlock switch. 4.. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. 5.. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode. 6.. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter. 7.. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters. 8.. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. 9.. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

AutoZone was no help for me. I reprogrammed my 98 GMC Jimmy the same way shiden_kai said.

1.. Close all the vehicle doors. 2.. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. 3.. Press and hold the door unlock switch. 4.. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. 5.. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode. 6.. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter. 7.. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters. 8.. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. 9.. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Reply to
Tim & Linda