question about throttle TSB in 99 Silverado

So I have a 99 Silverado with 50k miles on it and I finally have the gas pedal problem that I've read about in this group, where it feels like it's sticking when first depressed from open position.

There is a Chevrolet TSB about this, that includes recommendations to replace a few parts in the throttle body.

I called my dealer and am surprised they're going to charge me for this service.

Any sort of engineering issues related to the throttle seem to be a lawsuit in the making, if you ask me.

Anyone know why Chevy wouldn't be jumping to fix this for free?

chris

Reply to
chris

A slight sticking at closed throttle is not a safety issue. Recalls are for safety related issues only. Why should they fix it for free?

Reply to
Steve Barker

because it's dangerous. when i lightly tap the pedal, it doesn't go down. so then i have to push it with more force, and sometimes it goes too much. i realize it's a minor safety issue, but heck, if a granny can win millions for spilt coffee, the ramification for chevy are huge.

chris

Reply to
chris