Question for Ian

I have a 2000 S-10 ZR2 (though ZR2 may not matter much for this question). I noticed on the underside of both frame rails there is a plug with a green cap on it. Each plug is a 6-wire plug with only 5 terminals occupied. Also, at the back side of the spare, right above the bumper, there is a long flat plug with maybe 8 wires going to it, again this is capped. Any idea what these are for? I have GM service info on CD and can't find any info on these.

I don't have any need to know besides curiosity, and a whole bunch of other ZR2 owners that are also curious. My first thought was that it was for trailer wiring, but that was when I thought there was only 1 plug back there.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Hi!

I've got similar terminals on my S-10 as well. It's a 2WD LS, extended cab, V6 model...no ZR2 for it...been curious about them for the longest time...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

"Mike Levy" wrote

I'm not sure, but you might be looking at splice packs on the frame rails, and I'm fairly sure the flat plug is trailer wiring. I don't do much with wiring, I'll have to have a look at the next s-10 I get in.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Why would there be an odd number of wires if it was a splice pack? I'm assuming splice pack means that all the wires there serve one purpose, and I would assume these would be grounds? Though this does make sense now, looking at the wiring diagrams I have. The long one behind the bumper may have the same purpose, I see a splice pack with about 7 or 8 wires in it on the diagrams...

Reply to
Mike Levy

For those curious, I set up an album on

and shared it. You can go to that site and log on with the name mlevy1 and password shiden and see pics of my truck covered in snow and pics of these connectors. Yes, I know the white conectors in the pics are the trailer harness that's set up on there now.

This is a guest account I set up for this purpose, so there's only view permissions on the album.

Reply to
Mike Levy