Question on 92 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab Bucket Seat?

Hi,

I have a '92 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab with two Captains Chairs and a center console. The mechanism that locks the passenger seat in upright position is shot and I need to replace the seat, so I have two questions:

1) I would like to replace both seats with a 60/40 bench style seat. Were those available for that year model, or will another year model seat work?

2) Do I need to rely on a junk/salvage yard to find one or is there a place anybody can recommend that I can buy one? or even a place to get a replacement seat for the passenger side, it that's my only option?

Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can provide.

thanks Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Robinson