question on a 97 s-10 blazer

just bought this thing and the starter went out.do i have to pull the motor mount to get this starter out?thought i would ask before i pull the mount.oh yeah its a 4.3 v6 and a lsomething

80?tranny.......................thanks......... james
Reply to
Denise
4L60 E transmission

no, you don't have to pull anything except the starter

you DO have to unbolt the clamp that secures the hot cable to a 'stud-bolt' on the side of the engine oil pan, for enough slack to get it down outa there, tho

use a 10 mm swivel socket on a long extension (unhook battery first !!)

then it takes some creative twisting and turning, but it will come out

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Aaaahhh, the good ol' days of laying on my back in the driveway while bench pressing a 30lbs started at a steady 4" while I use my third hand to unhook the cables. ;)

Reply to
Todd Copeland

Reply to
ronlin