Questions 1985 G20 Conversion Van...TIA

I believe my motor is a 350, though I know it has the four barrel! I need to know just a few things here today if anybody could help.

First I need to know what digit in the VIN is the motor?

Second what is the timing marks for the ignition?

Then the other problem is the vacuum lines, is there a diagram for them? The thing leaks vacuum like crazy. I have replaced four of the lines but need to finish them. I know there is normally a sticker with them but I think the van had been in a wreak years before I owned it and I can't find any of the stickers under the hood.

Further if anybody in their travels about the internet finds a source for weather strip (for the whole thing) or cheap captian buckets, please let me know! Thanks for your help!

Sincerely, Jeigh

Reply to
Dark Angel

Jimmie D

/Vaccum lines are probably all rotten, replace everythin rubber. There is a website that will decode VIN #s for you. I dont know what it is now but think I found it by googling VIN decoder.. Mines a 305 H. I love mine, when I got it it had less than 100k miles and the paper work to prove it. Ive since put about 30K on it. The most major work was having transmission overhauled and rebuilding the transmission about $1000 all together. One thing I need for mine is a new printed circuit board for the instument cluster. Know where I can get one? / /Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

Bone yard. Doesn't matter if the cluster works or not. If you can't find one just repair the one you have by soldering a piece of wire across the broken trace.

mark

Reply to
r_d

Everything I found in the junk yard is in as bad of shape as what I have. Cant solder this it is copper on some kind of clear film. vaporises with a soldering iron. It is to the lights. IF I cant find one pretty soon I am going to solder wires to a lamp holder then run pigtails down to the harness.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

Hum, do you have a lower wattage (20watt) soldering iron. I have done the same exact thing with the parking brake light. The socket broke and I just soldered the bulb to the printed circuit. I guess the best thing to do would be to wire one side of the light to a ground (found on any gauge) and to the gauge harness. I would use a quick wire tap on the harness so that it can be removed in the future.

Last year I was able to get a nice cluster from the bone yard ($50) and replaced the circuit because the copper traces were separating from the plastic on mine.

good luck, mark

Reply to
r_d