R.I.P. General Motors (1931-2006)

Here's the cause of GM bankruptcy:

Geedy Massachesetts lawyers in bed with unions and liberal democrat politicians who pander to the stupid uninformed voters among us who can't connect the dots by telling them "you have right to stand up to corporations and get the compensation you deserve" for every stupid little accident or hang nail which in turn causes expensive litigation and expensive workers compensation insurance and chokes companies and kills jobs.

If you still don't get this, blame yourself for not bothering to be informed.

Reply to
Tom Levigne

I don't buy it. Gm like Ford refused to keep great little cars in their lineup here in America. While offering their same great little cars in Europe. Because in the short term, they make little profit and don't help the gas Cos. out. They didn't give a crap about retaining customers by giving us what we want. They tried to make us buy what they wanted us to have, not what we wanted. And they lost for the long term. Since they had none to offer, to new customers here. People got pissed off. They went elsewhere for their little cars. And since their civics, corollas, golfs , and neon's were so good, They traded up with the same Co. they got their first great little car from. Hence GM and Ford lost out. Remember, Chrysler was saved by the piece of crap little Kcar when they went bankrupt. GM dropped three stupendous and their most reliable, small cars in the last decade for their own personal selfish reasons and gave us the Daewoo Aveo. The Geo Metro, The Chevy Prism was Chevys most reliable car ever, The Chevy Cavalier, and now the midsize Buick Century. Fords crying right now that only a little car will save them. They dropped the Fiesta, Festiva, and Escort. But had to keep the 2 door because people balked at the Focus. The most recalled car in the history of FoMoCo. But they wont bring the best seller Ford Ka here from Europe. And neither will offer a diesel car getting

50-60 mpg here, but in Europe only. They're getting what they deserve. Unfortunately the workers are getting nothing they deserve. This is clearly mismanagement and not wage, benefits, efficiency , union, or Legacy issues. And has nothing to do with litigation or workmans comp. You hurt your employees or kill your customers , to save a buck , You get sued or workmans comp. As usual the working man gets screwed. Some Cos knew right from the start where their bread and butter was, and how to get customers to return. GM and Ford think everyone's gonna buy a $20,000 car right off the bat. And come back for another when its a piece of crap anyway. Yea right. My apologies, truck people. Fords and Gm trucks still rule. For Now. "Tom Levigne" wrote in message news:7qJXf.12760$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
Reply to
none2u

Reply to
Rtavi

Yes the 80s Chevy Nova was a great excellent small car. I didn't,t include every GM/Ford screw-up. The big station wagons was another. They made money until the day they closed down. They killed their own money making line to make more money on another line they made. Stupidity at its best, sheer greed, and shortsightedness. There are a few Europe Ford /GMs that just boggle the mind in certain areas. I clearly forgot that one, However it wasn't such a milestone like the 90s Geo Prism series, Ford Ka, or the

Reply to
none2u

here in America.

SNIP

Talk about nailing it on the head.... Wow!

Funny you named the Geo Metro... I was looking to get one for "to and from work" duty. You could max out all the gagets and still pay nothing for a great gas saver. Egad! I didn't know that they stopped making em! Hell, I still see allot on the road, so I just assumed....

History repeats itself ... it's 1972 all over again.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Reply to
none2u

The 3 cylinder engine went to hell at about 60,000-70,000 miles if it saw highway miles on a regular basis. There were issues with the wiring harness shorting out, there were problems with crankshafts, the retaining bolt for the timing gear breaking As an around town car it was pretty good, except for being gutless. It was discontimued in 2000.

I think Chevy dropped it in 1999 for the Chevy Prism.

The Matiz, no automatic tranny, no AC, no power steering and an astounding

0-60 in 18.2 seconds. At todays conversion rate its 10,468 dollars and it makes an Aveo that can be had for under 10,000 look like a midsize.

Top of the line, its a rebadged Aveo which is a rebadged Daewoo with no automatic tranny available. Its base price is 11.295 GBP, which converts to at todays rate $19, 645

I did,nt post a Ford link, however

Its not the same damn car, it get a 1.4 liter gasoline base engine thats as gutless as the Matiz. if you compare the 2.0 and 2.3 engines the mileage is in line. , Ford sells the Ka, and has been for over 10 years

Diesels are great, if the owner takes care of it. Don't, and they can make the worst gas engine look like a 5 star experiance. I happen to like diesels a lot. Most of the cars you are refering to are gocarts. The Galaxy sudo mini van designed to seat 7 is the first one that becomes useable, 181 inches over all length and its still 20 inches shorter than a freestar, making it only 2 inches longer than a Focus wagon designed to seat 5, mmm 7 in the space for 5. The Ford's Fiesta used to sell here, with a VW 1.7 liter engine back in the late 70's early 80's. It just didnt sell. The general public wasn't interested in it, it was smaller than a Dodge Omni. The Mondeo is here, or was, it was the Contour/Mystic 4 dr only. As to the DVD, why are you mad at the manufacturer, get mad at you favorite artists and recording companies its their doing.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

You have no idea what you're talking about. GM is not bankrupt! Glenn

Reply to
GlennB

gets 44 mpg highway. I think Chevy dropped it in 1999

------

No, No... I was in *agreement* with you on that one.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Reply to