radiators

How many of you have had the "plastic" side of your radiator, where the return hose connects, had a crack in the plastic.

Seems my mechanic says that plastic has a problem with heat. Thermal breakdown he calls it.

And a new set of sides is going to cost me $ 600 and change to replace.

Yes, I tried several different brands of "stop leak" but to no avail.

Suggestions anyone ?

Thanks Oh- mine is a 97 Silverado w/z off road setup.

Reply to
DonV

I too found out that the plastic will break down overtime from the heat. $600 sounds pretty expensive - I would think a new radiator would be a few hundred tops and labor shouldn't be much. Is that a shop that specializes in radiators? If not take it to a specialty shop.

Reply to
Ed H.

That and from the hose getting hard and transferring the engine vibrations to the radiator.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to
none2u

Do you have a contact for stuff to repair pelican cases? Although I don't have a need now I may in the future as I have several Pelican cases to protect my finer instruments.

Reply to
Ed H.

Reply to
none2u

Reply to
none2u

Thanks for the link. Don't think I'll need it, but I'll save it anyway.

Reply to
Ed H.

"Pelican" cases have a lifetime warranty so you should not have to repair one unless you drill holes in it like the OP.

Al Bottoms Up Divers

Reply to
ajtessier