radio light

The light for button 1&4 have quit working on my radio. Is this replaceable or send it to the factory job?

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote: :: The light for button 1&4 have quit working on my radio. :: Is this replaceable or send it to the factory job?

It is replaceable if you can solder. Its a very small bulb that you can buy at radio shack. If you can't solder, its pretty basic for any electronics repair shop. If it were mine, I would pull the radio and take it to them. Labor is pretty high for them to pull it. On my 99, the dash trim pull off and the radio slides out. No tools and its out in a couple of minutes.

Reply to
George

It's a pain in the butt. Most salvage yards have piles of GM radios stacked to the ceiling. Call one up and ask if they have one and the radio code that goes with it. If they don't have the radio code, it's a trip to the dealer at the worst. Usually you can run the vehicle for two hours, push 1 and 4 (I think) and it will spit out the master code. Then someone at the dealer calls Delco and gets the code to unlock it.

Really your best option is to just remember that 1 comes before 2 and 4 is between 5 and 6 when it's dark out.

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:

Reply to
DirtyDave931