Radio problem on '92 pickup

The battery on my '92 pickup went dead - I hadn't used the truck for a while. After charging the battery and starting the truck, the radio, the clock and the cassette player will not work. The radio window will show the time and a station number. None of the control buttons (scan, seek, volume etc.) work. I've checked the fuse(s)and all are ok. Does anyone know if there is a second in-line fuse or have any suggestions?

Reply to
Richard Lepage

Hi!

suggestions?

I'd suspect that the radio's microcontroller is confused. Stressful voltage conditions can easily put a computer controlled device into an unknown or unreliable state.

Try pulling the clock and radio fuses, or disconnect the battery from your truck for about an hour or so. (Just to be on the safe side.) Hook things up and try again. The radio should then work.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Thanks. I'll give that a try. "William R. Walsh" wrote in message news:b8lYe.355758$x96.4535@attbi_s72...

Reply to
Richard Lepage

theft deterant is working ? do you have a code

Reply to
tudysmuck

Hi!

I don't think any of the fullsize trucks used a Theftlock radio in that model year. (Open to correction.)

If it had engaged, I would expect an error to be displayed, such as LOC...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Here's a hint after you get power back...........

Check / adjust the balance / fader controls. While the display is digital, all controls will go to 'zero' (LEFT) after power loss, and you'll only have the left speaker.

.
Reply to
wrench

The radio is on 2 fuses. Your horn is also probably, not working. 1 fuse controls the radio. The other one controls the cassette. Check the fuse marked horn.

Reply to
4645