Radio Removal

BlankI've got a 2001 Silverado 2500HD and I bought a 10 disk CD changer that is supposed to connect right up to it. My problem is I can't determine how to remove the radio/CD player. Is there a special tool needed for this removal? Also it has anti theft stuff on it. If I disconnect it will it work when I reconnect it?

Rebel48

Rebel48

Rebel48

George

Put the steering wheel down too. Teftlock is a joke, this is a 30 second snatch & grab job, 20 if your good...

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I received the CD changer today. The trim popped right off as stated. I see the radio locking devices on each side but am reluctant to remove it. I bought the truck used and don't know the anti-theft lock code. I have the owners/users manuals but don't see the code noted anywhere. How do I read/retrieve the code before I remove the radio?

Rebel48

Rebel48

Reply to
Bobo

I pressed the 1&4 keys and got three dashes. If I read you right that means no code has been entered. I assume it is safe to remove and replace the power connection and the radio will still work. The CD Changer requires the power plug to be removed.

Reply to
Rebel48

Reply to
Bobo