raidio problems, electrical?

I have a 93 GMC and it also does the stalling at acceleration. Doesn't die but has started back firing occasionally. I have also been having problems with the radio and heater doing wierd things. One time the defroster will blow, the next time it won't. Radio stopped scanning channels, like it would without an antenna but I took the thing apart and there is no seperate antenna hook up, is it all part of the wiring harness to the plug, and if so how do I fix it. The cassett has also stopped. Thanks, Teresa

Reply to
silkiechick

Look under the hood, where the antenna cable comes from the fender, under the blower motor, you will find a connector. Shake it ,wiggle it, pull it in and out, and see if it improves the signel on the radio.

My 93 S-10 Blzer had a similiar problem I replaced the connector , and improved the radio 100%!

Reply to
Andy & Carol

A 93 has an antenna connection. It will be the older large style plug and the socket for the antenna is on the lower right side of the radio.

As for the other problems it sounds like you may have lost the chassis ground strap. That can cause a LOT of problems. Check the ground strap from the engine block to the dash and the one from the ground to the fender. Also you might check the ground connection on the blower motor housing itself. They do go bad and will cause the blower to become intermittent.

Reply to
Steve W.